press brake operator
Terracon seeks to appoint a Press Brake Operative. Reporting to the Production Leader and working closely with Manufacturing Support Services in our cutting shop in Dungannon. These are permanent, full time positions.
- Reading technical plans and working out measurements
- Processing and preparing raw steel
- Working to meet production targets while maximizing efficiency
- Ensuring the safe and controlled movement of production parts
- Ensuring Health & Safety is adhered to at all times
- Carry out preventative maintenance on your own machine.
- Working along with your team to develop continuous improvement strategies.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate:
- Strong communication skills
- A proactive approach to problem solving
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to effectively plan and control daily workload
- The ability to read and understand technical drawings
- The ability to work to target and be fully dependable and reliable
- Use of initiative and work with minimal supervision
Previous experience in a similar role is preferred but not necessary as full training will be provided.
- Four day working week with no loss of pay
- Competitive rates of pay
- Long service awards
- Referral bonuses